Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father’s to all the dads out there. I would like to acknowledge the influences of my dad on me. He is the reason I’m on this trip in the first place. He made the cross-country road trip several times and years before I was even thought up. Hearing his stories of gold mining, camping, fishing, driving, and getting in trouble always made me want to experience these things myself. To me he was a pioneer. He instilled in me the love adventure and the outdoors that drives my pursuits every day of my life. Beyond being the inspiration for the trip, he is also the reason it has been so successful by teaching me by example of good character. To me, my father represents the epitome of honesty, hard-work, pride, modesty, genuineness, and concern for others. He used to bait my hook for me, now I can fish for dinner, even thousands of miles across the country. Sorry I couldn’t make it on the boat today! Thanks for everything Dad!
White Rocks, Fairchance, PA (Ironically taken on Mother's Day)
Climbing Post Office (5.7) which Dad did years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment